The project scope is to implement a grade separation over the railway line and to widen Highway 4 to four lanes in the section from Binyamina to Ma’agan Michael. The construction elements are as follows:
• Bridge supported on multiple arches, 35 m wide and 270 m overall length.
• Two segmental bridges, each one about 400 m long and 12.5 m wide.
• Girder bridge over Taninim River, 52 m long and 25 m wide.
• Concrete works including construction of 800 piles, retaining walls and drainage channels, amounting to a total of about 13,000 m3 of concrete.
• Paving and earthworks serving traffic detours and road widening to four lanes.
Developer: National Roads Company Ltd.
Chief Designer: Amy Metom, Haifa
Construction supervision: Facilities Development Company
Project scope: Bridges and highway infrastructure.